Life.... it is infinitely unpredictable... I know, that's tragically cliché... But seriously, I have learned by now that nothing ever goes as planned.  At least...nothing in my life goes as planned.

Maybe I'm just bad at planning??  (Probably...)

Anyway, back to the point: I've had lots of plans... usually loose..not much set in stone stuff.  As a teenager and early adult, I "planned" to be a rock star.  (I know, back to the clichés...) I had a really good shot, though.  I was good, passionate, and determined.  At 19 I "planned" on moving to Nashville, but I got knocked up and my fiancée, Mr I'll-Go-Anywhere-With-You, refused to leave his hometown. I stayed, but kept working on my career and dream.  I was being courted by producers and had songs on the radio.  Things were looking good. ...Then I got rocked by a family tragedy and crawled into a hole for a few years.  My "rock star plan" was laid to rest.

In that time of emotional drifting, I relocated my family to the East Coast. (Actually, it was more like running from an imploding building.)  I planted the kids and I in a beautiful setting where I could work on healing from my childhood traumas and keep my kids from incurring their own. (THAT plan seems to be working!)  But what to DO now???

It's been almost six years now.  I've toyed with different plans (going back to college, starting a bed and breakfast, moving onto a neighbor's farm, etc), but at this point I'm working for a couple guys flipping mobile homes.  My old plans have come up short, and my new plan is as follows: I've procured an old mobile home from one of my bosses and am moving it to a small, quiet park.  It's going to take a lot of work to get it livable, but... that's what I do.  So, I hope you'll join me in this journey.

My big plan right now is just to become financially stable.  So we're cutting out unnecessary expenses (except the puppy).  Housing expenses will drop below $400/month.  We're already frugal anyway, we know how to eat super healthy on a low budget.  We don't need cable TV.  I do my own car repairs. My goal: Be completely financially stable, debt free and have savings within two years.  I have other long term goals, but this is the most important.

So...Here's to another round of learning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog